Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sat., Sept. 4

I apologize for being late with my Friday blog.  This was a very busy week!  We started guided reading groups this week so it was hectic.  The students will be doing guided reading on Tues., Wed., and Thursday during a normal week.  My student teacher will start doing them the week of the 13th.  I have tested all of the students and grouped them with students of similar abilities.  Please be assured that if I notice a student struggling or moving ahead of others in their group, I may test them again or possibly try them at another level.  That is  one of the great advantages of guided reading - the flexibility to work with students to meet their individual needs. 
This coming week I am only here on Tuesday.  My student teacher will be teaching reading and science beginning Tuesday.  My substitute while I am gone will be Kate Offner.  As you may remember, I am going to visit my son in Mississippi before he deploys to Afghanistan next month.
We wrapped up our unit on rules and laws.  Now we move into science and the students will be studying animals.  Mrs. Faircloth would like them to bring a shoebox to school in the next week or two for a project.  If you don't have one let us know and we will find one for your child.
I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather this holiday weekend.  Next Friday there will not be an entry as I will be gone.  We will be right back at it the following week though.  Thanks to all who read my blog.  It is here for you to get information and feel free to comment. 
Mrs. Staker

No comments:

Post a Comment