Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday, December 17, 2010

I apologize for how long it has been since I was last on here.  I really am in need of feedback from parents as to whether this is suitable or if you would like a paper newsletter.  I don't think it would be weekly.
Anyway, we have been very busy here!  We have been practicing our Daily 5 routines and incorporating them into our guided reading.  I assessed the students this past week and am pleased with the growth that some of them have made.
I want to thank all of you for making sure your child is dressed for the weather.  They are usually bundled up and ready for the cold and snow.  I do keep extra hats and gloves in my room that they may borrow so rest assured they are not going out in the cold without them.
A few reminders - The Christmas concert is Monday night at the high school at 7:00.
Our Christmas party will be Wednesday so make sure the gift for the gift exchange is here if they are participating.  Wednesday is our last day until after New Year's.  Where has the time gone?
Keep practicing on the ixl and xtra math at home.  We do xtramath 3 mornings a week in the room.  At least once a week we go to the lab to do ixl.
I hope everyone stays warm and has a great weekend.
Mrs. Staker

No comments:

Post a Comment